Monday, April 12, 2010

Update

April 12th 1:50pm. I have been at the hospital most of today. Brenan is doing well. The neonatolgist feels that he has congenital pneumonia. He will need to be on antibiotics for at least 7 days. He has already been on them for 3 days and are hoping that by day 7 he is completely clear so he can come home, but it is a day to day process. They are putting a PIC line in today so it is a easier process to administer the antibiotics. The fluid is started to come up clear but he still has quite a bunch of fluid they are getting out of his lungs. He is doing great on the ventalator but due to the pneumonia they do not want to take that off yet. We can not wait until they take that off. We both have had one short time that we were able to hold Brenan. I know that as soon as we can hold him he will thrive. He responds to my voice and touch. He did get his first tube feeding today and will continue to gets those every 3 hours. When he is off of the ventalator then we can try to get him eating what he needs to. We are hoping that he catches on to this process quickly so he can come home when he is off of antibiotics.

Many of you have wondering how we are doing. We are doing as well as expected. It has been difficult for me. I am very emotional. It is hard juggling trying to heal, give my other children the attention they need, and being here for our little boy. Kinley has been having a hard time but she does not let me see how this is affecting her. She is being a brave girl. She understands what is going on but I do not think she fully understands. Daven is ready for his mom to be back home with him. We are doing what we need to do but it is tough. I have defiantly learned patience again and I do not take the little things in life for granted. We appreciate everyones concerns.

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for the updates, you guys have been on my mind constantly. We are all thinking of you and praying for Brenan. Life changes quickly and it is such a test of faith. It for sure does make us step back and not take life for granted so much. I am glad to hear he is doing better. So hard!! Emotions are already out of whack after giving birth and this on top is like a roller coaster I am sure. I hope you are healing well!!
    Please just know that we love you and would do anything to help. He is a tough guy it sounds like, and we can't wait for him to be home with his family. I would love to come see him if I am aloud in. Let me know. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are keeping us updated. I am in Provo everyday so please let me know if you need anything....lunch, a drink someone to talk to I am there. Good luck and let Ryan know we are pulling for all of you.

    ReplyDelete